Home Forums Bonus Basher Rule Difference Tennis

• Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

evcouta
      Keymaster

When it comes to betting on Tennis matches, it is VERY IMPORTANT to be aware of the rule differences that each bookmakers have.

When you are dutching bookmakers against each other via tennis it is extremely important to be sure you are using bookmakers, which have similar rule sets. I can’t stress this enough – MAKE SURE THE BOOKIES HAVE SIMILAR RULE SETS!

Myself and many members have been burned before due to
      1. A player retiring early due to injury/other reasons
      2. A player being disqualified

When these outcomes occur, each bookmaker goes about rules in their own individual way. Some will pay out (assuming a set has been completed), and others will void no matter how far into the game you are.

Bets are voided unless first set completed
      ????Betfair
      ????betting.club
      ????Ladbrokes/Bookmaker/Betstar
      ????Sportsbet
      ????Unibet
      ????Palmerbet
      ????Pinnacle

Bets are voided unless full game is completed
      ????Bet365
      ????Bluebet
      ????Crownbet
      ????Luxbet
      ????Neds
      ????Tab
      ????TabTouch
      ????TopBetta
      ????Ubet
      ????William Hill

Before placing any bets, please be sure to double check that these outcomes still stand.

Anonymous

Really good list. Should be one of the “Matched Betting 10 Commandments”. Tennis is great for mug bets, as you can usually get really good value (1 or 2% loss, and sometimes even or a profit).

I’ve been very fortunate to have benefited from retirements overall, but recently lost one and am only up maybe $100 overall on such retirement/DQ matches.

I’ll say this though: If you back someone on the void list, and then lay with Betfair, do try and avoid laying against an underdog. Reason: the liability is very high! You can limit your risk with the lower the odds you lay against.

For example: Laying $100 on at 1.5 has a liability of $50. Laying $100 on 3.0 odds has a liability of $200.

Hence, if you are punting or throwing a few mug bets out there with a mix of void and non-void bookmakers, it’s best to back the favourite on the void bookmaker, and lay the favourite (or bet the underdog) on the non-void bookie.

Just my 2 cents.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.